Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Heavy Heart

Today I am sad. It is not just a passing twinge of sadness, but a heavy hearted weighty sadness. There are so many "hurts" that I am aware of in my own life, in the lives of family and loved ones, friends, and even casual acquaintances.  
I am looking for the Balm of Gilead to soothe these "hurts". I know JESUS is the only answer for these "hurts". He is the Balm of Gilead. He is the great comforter and the ultimate in peace giving relief. So as I go throughout my day today, every time I feel a twinge of that deep sadness, I am going to pray for the "hurt" and the person that goes along with it. 
I will lift up those twinges in prayer today, remembering 
Zephaniah 3:17 "The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing." I am thankful there is something to do with all of sadness and that JESUS holds the ultimate relief.

No comments: