Monday, January 30, 2012

Refining Process

Much like other aspects in a Christian's life, I find the homeschooling of our three kids to be a refining process for my life. 
 It is funny because you wouldn't think things I love so much, like books and reading and organizing could be so refining, but add them to being with three kids all day, every day and you get REFINEMENT. I have to laugh because sometimes I just don't see it when I am in the middle of a heated discussion about long division and why it is important even though we have calculators. 
God uses all things in a Christian's life to refine the heart. He is constantly chipping away everything old and replacing it with more of Him. Actually that sounds really great. As I homeschool my kids I am becoming more like Christ, when I allow Him to be in control of the homeschooling! Plus, I am being renewed! Renewal is a good thing. So bring on the endless questions, tears, and mounds of papers needing to be dealt with. My God is a BIG God! 

 Psalm 51:10-12 10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me from Your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

No comments: