Monday, December 5, 2011

Sacred Chaos

Here I am once again with too many months since I have blogged. 
We have entered the last month of 2011 with whirlwind speed. Last night I took a deep breath in and asked God to help me with all that looms ahead. I have been reading a really good book called Sacred Chaos: Spiritual Disciplines for the Life You Have by Tricia McCary Rhodes. She offers up suggestions of connecting with God despite or in the midst of a chaotic life. I must say, I "stumbled" upon this book, but it has been such a blessing. It reminds me that God is not scared of a little turmoil or upheaval, He just would like to be included in it! I often turn to every other thing to get my check lists marked off, caffeine, delegation, prioritizing, but the first thing I need to be doing is inviting God to dwell with me, right smack dab in the middle of everything. So, I have learned I can grab moments with God anytime there is a pause in my family's chaos and in doing so, God can turn our chaos into something sacred. 
Thank you God for reminding me, where you are is the best place to be, and that You, can handle chaos. 

No comments: